Tuesday, May 31, 2011

100 Days Strong--Day 13 Scales Don't Lie

Day 13

OK, the 13th is the perfect day to suggest this.

How about if we make Fridays our "weight lost" day?

This Friday will be just over the 2 week mark for many of us doing the 100 Days Strong.  I'm hoping that it will be a success--even if all we have to report are the positive changes we've made in our efforts to become lean-and-mean!

Friday?  But I like Friday...

Friday is a good choice for a lot of reasons.

We associate Fridays with good things.  Even folks I know that work on the weekends still hold a certain amount of joy for Friday.

We know it won't be Friday the 13th, because today is the 13th.

We've had work to keep us distracted.  Most of us will have done our workouts and been the best about our food intake during the week.  The reality is, Saturday and Sunday are often "cheat" days--and I say "cheat" in quotes because I don't really consider them that way.  Everyday is an opportunity for me to make changes, not just Monday to Friday.   But still, I go to the movies on the weekend, have pizza with the family on weekends, birthday parties get shoved to the weekends, that kind of stuff.

Are you in?

OK, I've made a number of small changes that I'm hoping add up to something here.  I've done a lot of research and getting my head on straight about my weight, diet and exercise.  I'm excited, even if my weight is down just a little.  I'm being more active around the house, at Scouts and outside...getting myself ready to hit the gym for 100 Push-ups and C25K.

OK, the real reason I'm getting excited about Friday is that I took my belt in a notch today.  Progress you can measure will help fortify my efforts right now.  How are you doing?


No comments:

Post a Comment