Friday, May 27, 2011

100 Days Strong--Day 9 Perseverance


Day 9

H. O. T.

This is our first scorcher of the summer, pushing over 90 today.  With Virginia humidity, that's nothing to sneeze at.

I am making a point of being more active while on vacation, even though we are staying home for most of it.  This morning, I grabbed my cup of coffee and moved right on outside to tackle my workshop.

From 6AM to 3:30PM I worked out there, ducking into the shop to grab something else that didn't belong there and move it to the shed or into the house where it did go.  Trip after trip, in the heat.

After the first 3 hours, I was soaked through and stayed that way the rest of the day.

Water!

First thing to do was push the water.  Inside the workshop was a lot cooler than outside, but the frequent trips out, carrying bags, bins, boxes and bundles, made for hot, sweaty and dirty work.

The kids brought lunch out to me, in the spirit of 100 Days Strong.  Instead of PB&J on wheat bread, they saved me a few calories by putting PB&J on whole wheat tortillas.  OK, it was a slightly better choice, but it kept me outside and plugging along.

Recreation!

By late afternoon, it was time to grab a shower and head out to see Kung Fu Panda II.  Yes, the movie theatre was gloriously air-conditioned...and it was cute family fare.  I managed for the first time in years to avoid whatever the movie theatre was selling to eat, too.

What changes are you making to your normal routine in pursuit of 100 Days Strong?  By eliminating snacks at the theatre, I was able to cover the price of bringing more of my kids than usual to the show.  More fun for everyone, and it kept the snacks off my waist.

2 comments:

  1. Keep us updated. I'm looking to begin a fitness program now, so that I can be ready for Philmont when my son is eligible. Good luck!

    BTW, found my way here from LinkedIn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to plan ahead! Thanks for following along.

    ReplyDelete