Monday, May 23, 2011

100 Days Strong--Day 5 Making Changes


Day 5

Bad habits.  Good habits.  To your brain, they are the same thing--just something you choose to do repetitively.

Each time you do it, it reinforces the pattern.  The more frequently you do it, the stronger the wiring in your brain.

Which is why it is so difficult to change your habits.

Is this you?
I have to have my coffee and hazelnut creamer in the morning.
I always drive that way.
It's just what I order at Olive Garden.
I always get up at 6AM.
Diet Pepsi is what I drink.

I'm having a hard time with the 100 Days Strong so far.  The reality of my existing busy schedule and all of the things I do for Scouting keep getting in the way of thinking about what I need to be doing for me.

But the bigger, and ignored, reality is that if I don't get me under control--eating right, exercising, sleeping well--the rest of it doesn't matter.  I know we all know that, but sometimes you have to hear it again...and again...and again...like a habit.

This is a busy week, but I'm taking a couple of days off at the end to work on me.  Are you having problems with getting your 100 Days started like you wanted?



No comments:

Post a Comment