Wednesday, June 8, 2011

100 Days Strong--Day 21 Travel Plans

Day 21

Tomorrow begins a long weekend of travel to a convention.

Each year my wife and I head out to get new ideas, see new materials, and enjoy a few days ALONE with several thousand of our closest friends.

We eat at the hotel and various restaurants around Richmond.  Lunches are often found at the convention center--expensive, moderate quality but super-convenient compared to walking to the parking garage, driving to find someplace, paying to park again, and be back in an hour.

Advance Warning

This year will be different though, as I'm wading through the 100 Days Strong.  I'm packing for the pool and the gym, in addition to the miles of walking I'll get in through the vendor hall.

I also know that food choices won't be so great.  It is hard to bring food to a hotel room for 4 days without proper refrigeration and the ability to cook.

So I'm thinking ahead--and am planning on simply making the best choices I can, where I am, and avoiding the unnecessary items like chips, fried foods, and the like.  If I watch the portion sizes, that will help, too.  No late night pizza delivery.  Water, drink a lot of water.

My goal is to "do no harm".  I want to have the normal fun and experiences, and if I keep my weight the same or even lose a little while I'm there, it will be a success.

At least sleep won't be an issue.  The hotel has the best beds.

I really look forward to this convention each year to recharge my batteries.  This is the first time though that I'll add in the gym and making good choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment